Last Updated on April 19, 2022 by Jen Kristensen
Do you love Olive Garden’s alfredo sauce? This creamy, cheesy sauce is to die for, but it can be expensive to eat out. Instead of paying for a meal at Olive Garden, why not make your copycat alfredo sauce at home? This blog post will share a version of Olive Garden’s copycat alfredo sauce recipe. You will be able to make this delicious sauce in the comfort of your kitchen and save yourself some money in the process.
Copycat Olive Garden Alfredo Sauce Ingredients
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 6 tablespoons salted butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1¼ cup heavy whipping cream
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1½ cup whole milk
- Fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, shredded
- 16-ounce package fettuccine
How to Make
- Drain the prepared pasta and set it aside.
- In a large skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add minced garlic and garlic powder and whisk to combine.
- Whisk the flour into the butter and garlic mixture in a mixing bowl. Continue to whisk while slowly adding in the heavy cream and milk. Allow the sauce to boil before reducing the heat to low and cooking for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Stir in the parmesan cheese and whisk until smooth.
- Add the cooked and drained fettuccine to the casserole dish. Toss the pasta in the sauce to coat it thoroughly.
How to Serve
Pasta is a popular Italian meal frequently served with a side of greens and bread. Try our caesar salad and garlic bread, both of which are excellent.
How to Store
In the Fridge
To avoid wasting time, you may use the remaining alfredo sauce in a single day. The leftovers can be kept in an airtight container in the fridge for 6 days. I’ve had the best success using jars with tight lids.
In the Freezer
You may also freeze leftover alfredo sauce for up to two months. Place the sauce in a freezer-safe bag or container and store it in the freezer. Allow it to thaw before reheating for an easy dinner!
This is a quick and easy dish perfect for those who love garlic. Use this recipe as an alternative to visiting Olive Garden for a simple supper idea! You may make Copycat Olive Garden Alfredo Sauce in your kitchen, and it tastes just like the real thing, with plenty of fresh garlic and cheese. With only six steps to the instructions, you’ll have a delicious, homemade alfredo sauce perfect over any pasta.
Q: How long will Olive Garden’s Copycat Alfredo Sauce last in the fridge?
A: This sauce will last in the fridge for six days.
Q: Can I freeze Olive Garden’s Copycat Alfredo Sauce?
A: Yes, this sauce can be frozen for two months.
Q: What should I serve with Olive Garden’s Copycat Alfredo Sauce?
A: This dish is typically served with a side of greens and bread. Try Caesar salad and garlic bread, both of which are excellent.
Thinking about going to the Olive Garden for the real thing? Check out their menu and prices here!